Through its membership of the British Materials Handling Federation (www.bmhf.org.uk), BITA is a stakeholder in the Federation Européenne de la Manutention (www.fem-eur.com), European manufacturers’ association of materials handling, lifting and storage equipment.
BITA also enjoys strong ongoing relationships with:
- The Trade Association Forum, supported by the CBI (www.taforum.org )
- The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) and the Department of Energy and Climate Change(DECC) have merged to form the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) (www.gov.uk)
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (www.ciltuk.org.uk )
As well as representing its members’ interests in these forums, BITA also provides a valuable service by reporting back decisions and information in a concise, comprehensible form.
BITA operates at UK, EU and global levels to influence developments and advances in industrial truck safety, performance, cost-effectiveness and significance. To achieve this, BITA works in partnership with a wide range of organisations and regulatory bodies, including:
- the British Standards Institution, BSI (www.bsi-global.com )
- the European Committee for Standardisation, CEN (www.cenorm.be)
- the International Standards Organisation, ISO (www.iso.org)
- the Health & Safety Executive, HSE (www.hse.gov.uk)
- the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health, IOSH (www.iosh.co.uk)
- the International Electrotechnical Commission, IEC (www.iec.ch)
(BITA is not responsible for the content of third-party website linked from this site.)